Missionary

Missionary

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week 67--MARQUETTE TO MADISON

Hello Everyone!!! 

Well I survived the week on a bike! And, it even rained on us. I am really sore! But it was a great workout, and wow is it beautiful up here!!! We got to drive right by the lake, feel the cool breeze and enjoy all the pretty green scenery.

I don't have much time today but here are some highlights!!!

1. We set a baptism date with Gray!!! We had a rocking lesson about the temple and she wants to go!!! So excited for her. It's far off but she is totally willing if she feels ready.

2. Jack's friend Corrina came to church for the first time!!!!

3. So we went to visit the  Syria's on our bikes and were exhausted, naturally. So they made us some chocolate protein shakes. Yum, right? Well, it was really tingly!!! Guess why? There was CASHEW milk in there!!!!!!! Dx Bahaha. For those of you who don't know, there is nothing on this earth I hate more than cashews. BLEGH. Theylight my mouth on fire. Oh, it was so hilarious! I've managed to avoid them my whole mission!!!! And there they are, hiding in a protein shake! xD 

4. I'm being transferred!!!!! NOOOOOOOo...... That's what I said inside. I will miss Marquette SO SO SO much!!! I will miss the amazing people, the beauty. I will miss Sister Payne! But, on the other hand, I'm going to Madison 1st ward, which is the only sister bus area, I think! So I will truly get to experience all the transportation methods on my mission, haha. :P My new companion is Sister Weaver, who is awesome I hear. She only has one more transfer on her mission.

5. We had such a great missionary moment on exchanges this week. I got to spend the day with Sister Pope, who is AWESOME (aka the Popesicle) and we went to the park to do some contacting and lo and behold, a nice lady was sitting there on a bench, watching the lake. We talk to her and she is super nice, super interested in the Book of Mormon!! She actually wanted to hear what we had to say. Her daughter is super into religions right now and oh man... it was just one of those moments where you are super glad to be a missionary. YES. This is why I'm here. :) 

I'm sure there are a hundred more things I could share today but I'm out of time. I love you all! I know this work is true!!!!!

Love,


Sister Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment