Missionary

Missionary

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 64--Miracles!!

Hello, everyone!!!

I know I took a week off, but I'm still alive! :)

I don't have too much time today but I have some stories to report. 

The first one is pretty great. So there we were, driving in the truck with Sarah Briggs. We drive past the Farmer Q market and outside is a man wearing an apple suit holding an asparagus sign. Sarah says:" You should go talk to him, he can't run away from you!!" Well, the spirit confirmed so I flipped that truck right around and we marched right up to him. Hey, I've learned that you just have to try those wild ideas out on a mission, cuz that's how miracles happen. :) So it turns out he can't talk to us, or see us. But we try to make a conversation with him. Haha! SIster Payne was like: " So, are those asparagus locally grown??" xD All he does is point toward the market so we hold onto our Jesus card for the moment. We walk inside and the lady starts talking to us. Apparently she knows all about missionaries and even knows the RS president. So we give HER the Jesus card and she gives us fancy Artesian water. Haha, a new potential investigator! Pretty random. :)

I was playing with the king snake at the children's museum and he got a little too cuddly. He wouldn't let go of my neck! xD I think I will call him "Snuggles."

We also tracted into this hilarious girl. She must be like 12 years old or something but the best part was that she is a referral landmine! She pulls out her phone and starts giving us the contact info for her mom, dad, and anyone else we want and there we are scrambling, trying to write it all down. Bahaha! xD

We also found a lady who seems genuinly interested and friendly and a cute old lady, who I named Mouthy Myrtle, who talked to us about all the miracles she's seen in her entire life for a half hour. That's always fun! xD We mixed up our tracting approach so that clearly helped produce miracles.

Memorial day was interesting. Most people said "Go away!" but then we found a cool guy named John who said we can come back, he's neighbors with a member family, and has lots of questions for us. He wants to learn more! 

Jack's friend across the street wants us to come over and teach her the Gospel, and Jack's friend Corrina should be going to church next week. Excitement. 

I played the cello on Sunday (I was anticipating lots of investigators at church) and Sister Payne gave a powerhouse talk. 

We also had finnish cheese at the Syria's. Everyone wants me to bring my cello when we have member lessons, apparently. :P Guess I'll need to.

THEN the miracle. So there we were at church and this lady says "Do you want to teach the first discussion after church today?" I was shocked and pretty sure my jaw dropped. "YES!!!" (are you kidding me, of COURSE!!) So we got to teach her granddaughter, Izzy, who is 15. She's been to church lots (she was baptized Catholic and raised Methodist) but never baptized. We taught her and she's like "that makes sense." She wants to be baptized so we set a date for her! Yay!!! 

I'm turning 21 in 2 days and I'm pretty sure it will be the least scandalous 21st birthday ever. I get to go to zone conference! :)

Love you all! Have an amazing week.

Love,


SIster Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment