Missionary

Missionary

Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 49--I'm Going to Marquette!!

Hello, Everyone!!!

So, I just wanted to let you all know that I didn't die! I just had a slight malfunction with my email server and last week's email didn't send. But that's okay! In my shock and excitement this email will probably be rather scattered. :) 

Lots of things happened this week but I can't really remember them all. I found out I'm being transferred to Marquette, Michigan! I don't know a lot about it but I do know that it's the most north area that sisters can go in our mission! It will be FREEZING. As I suspected, the Lord has seen fit to chasten me. ;) I'm excited though. I will get to be companions with a Sister Dunlap who just got finished being trained. This will make me a "greenie breaker." I'm excited for the new adventure!!!

With that being said, I'm a bit sad to leave Oshkosh. I have absolutely loved serving here. I love the ward members and I will miss them all!! Sister Peel and I got to perform a musical number in church this week. We played "Lead Kindly Light" and SIster Peel sang! Haha, so now she is famous in the ward and will be asked to play many solos in the future!! (much to her dismay). Oh, and she is training a new missionary!   I was sad that the stake leaders took forever talking about family history so I didn't get to bear my testimony but that's okay. I'm excited for the future of Oshkosh. I don't know for sure if I made much of a difference (some might say so, maybe it was just my smile. I'm told I'm mysteriously always happy, laughing or smiling!), but I know that Oshkosh had a profound influence on me. It will always hold a special place in my heart! Oh, and Sister Peel and I were told this week by the Young Women that we are under a high obligation to find and baptize hot guys and bring them into the ward. We responded affirmatively and said we would do our best! ;) 

We had to stop teaching Vere this week. He just doesn't want to join the church right now. I am really sad for him, yet I know that the Spirit was strong and that I said absolutely everything clearly and in exactly the way that the Lord wanted me to say it. That's a good feeling. :) And, who knows? He said that someday he might surprise us. :)

We did lots of tracting this week. Lots and lots! Oh and it was interesting because we talked to an atheist lady. She was very nice and allowed us to come inside and talk with her. She has lots of complaints against God. Why would He let these horrible things happen? I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have of agency and the Plan of Salvation. It was interesting to hear her perspective on things. I just felt sad for her that she doesn't have any hope or have any idea how much God loves her. I think she was worried she would mar our faith, but I explained to her that our faith has reached a point where it can't be broken down! Not unless I will it to be so. :) Faith can be tried and it can be harvested. I'm grateful that mine has reached that point. 

I finished reading Our Heritage this week. I am absolutely amazed at all the sacrifice and faith that the early church members exhibited!!! It's amazing to know that even from the very beginning, this was destined to be a worldwide church. Truly "the truth will go forth boldly, nobly and independent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every climb and swept every country and sounded in every ear. Till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say, "the work is done!!!" Truly these amazing men and women knew that this was the truth of God and stopped at nothing to ensure its progression and delivery to all the world! :) 

Oh, we are experiencing an exciting turn in our mission. In preparation for our big mission meeting with the apostle next month, we are doing a "40 day fast" created by President Cutler. Now, this is an acronym of course! When I first heard this I was a bit worried, wondering if I could, in fact, fast that long. But hey. #AllthingsthroughChrist! :P F stands for feasting on the Book of Mormon each day. A stands for act in obedience to the Lord. S stands for sanctify ourselves by preparing to partake of the sacrament worthily. T stands for testify with our feet by doing all we can to teach 2 sit-down lessons each day. Each of these letters has a breakdown of goals, including memorizing a paragraph of our patriarchal blessings. But there is a great promised blessing that each area, if this is done properly, will obtain a progressing investigator and receive revelation at the big missionary meeting, for that progressing investigator. Cool! I'm excited. :) 

I love you all!!!

Sister Woods 


No comments:

Post a Comment