Missionary

Missionary

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 24

Hello Everyone!

It is pouring today in Stevens Point!!! Seriously pouring.  And today Sister Peterson and I went to play racquetball at the YMCA. AND, while there, I saw one more naked lady than I bargained for. (I wasn't planning on seeing any). Yep, there she was, blocking the way to the bathroom, talking to other people, with her elbow propped against the lockers, practically posing. Sister Peterson and I busted out laughing. "wait, is she... no way!!" haha.

I got to go on exchanges in Wausau on Wednesday with Sister Pearson! That was an amazing time. It was so great to catch up with her. :) 

We had breakfast with Martice. He is hilarious, he's like "people are gonna be like oh great there's 2 Jehovah's witnesses and a thug over here."

I made the mistake of telling my companion I need to get better at talking on the phone a while back, so I had (THE DELIGHTFUL OPPORTUNITY, ahem. ) to make all the phone calls this week during weekly planning. xD Oh no!!! Haha, serves me right. I have noticed it's gotten easier for me.  Still horrible, but easier.

Lucas hasn't smoked in a week!!! He's doing awesome.  He and April were able to attend a baptism.  April is now dating Brother Somers. She is doing amazing. She got a priesthood blessing this week to help her quit smoking. She did slip up on Saturday but that's mainly because she didn't want to quit just to be baptized. She's done some re-evaluating and really is determined to quit for good now. We are excited for her! Unfortunatley, though, this means we had to push her baptism date back until April 30, which means I will most definitely be transferred by then. D: Hopefully I'll get to see lots of pictures or be sent somewhere close enough where I can still go!

The saddest thing ever happened this week. Brother Taplin announced that he no longer wants the missionaries to come over. Yep, he's wanting to take a step back and figure things out on his own. He's been looking into other churches. We were SO DEVASTATED. Yep, I'm a baby so I cried right then and there and couldn't hide it. I testified that I know this church is true and Gospel is the path to happiness but he didn't want to hear it. He said I had gotten on his nerves. He also said not to take it personally. It's hard not to, haha. But that's how missionary work goes sometimes. It's heart-wrenching to bear your soul to people, the beliefs you hold most dear, and have them stomped on. But that's why it's great that it's not about me. it's about them and Christ.

But, on a brighter note, Nicole Friday and Tim called us and want to meet with us again!!!! First of all, this is uber exciting because it was all Tim's idea. I thought he hated us, haha! But it turns out they didn't move to West Virginia. They moved to Rosholt and now they are in a less stressful environment and are ready to meet with us again. :) Nicole even came to church yesterday! So that was very exciting.

This Thursday we are having  a mission tour in Madison with James B. Martino of the Seventy. It's a 6 and a half hour meeting and it's going to be AWESOME. I'm so excited.  All of the missionaries have to come prepared to give a talk about diligence and I guess they just randomly choose a few of us to share. :P (It's 3 zones of missionaries so I'm not too worried, knock on Woods!)

We also had dinner at the Lubahns and there were so m any dogs!!! And animals. Haha. They have a Chihuahua that reminds me of Reba.

I have a few minutes I'd like to share a few things I learned about repentance lately.  This has become my new study topic of choice. It fascinates me! Anyway, I read this great talk by Elder Christopherson called "Divine Gift of Repentance."  In it he talked about how there is no real progress or improvement in life without repentance.  Perhaps we should pray for time and opportunity to overcome our shortcomings instead of just mercy. And this part I liked, real change may require repeated attempts but there is something refining and holy in our striving.  This morning I also read in Jarom 1:4 about how the Holy Ghost is manifest according to our faith.  If we want more revelations, we can increase our faith. Random musings.

That's all for now!  Love you all!!

Love,

Sister Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment