Missionary

Missionary

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Week 11

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful week this week and had a chance to get some Mexican food on cinco de mayo!! There is only one Mexican restaurant in Steven's Point and you can bet we went there! ;D 

I had to wonderful privilege of speaking to certain members of my family on Skype yesterday, including my wonderful mother!! I apologize, you've probably already heard most of this. 

Our investigator, Eric, is doing really well!  He has zero problem living the Word of Wisdom, which doesn't happen too often. We only have 1 more week to teach him. It's finals week this week then he goes back to Milwaukee. We still haven't been able to meet with Trish, for she has been super busy. We have been stopping by to visit her at work. We may just have to start teaching her there, haha. We also had another lesson with Jimmy! We shared the Blueprint of Christ's Church talk with him and he LOVED it and read it like 3 times. He wanted to dissect every single point with us, haha. He's a difficult one. :P Sister Wilson is down to only 1 cup of coffee a day! 

Hm, there's not too much to report this week, honestly. 

We had to do a hard-core, nightmare-inducing cleaning project at a less-active lady's house. Her daughter was in the hospital (she is bipolar) and she needed some help cleaning up her room before she arrived home.  I won't go into much detail here for it was very, very gross to say the least!! There were some scandalous things in that room (unspeakable horrors), that are not good for missionaries to see! :P But, we were glad we were able to help out and make lots of progress. I'm not kidding, we filled 20 garbage bags full of stuff (food and icky things) and filled a huge bucket of nasty soda brew from soda bottles. Well, once again it put things in perspective for me and I grew to appreciate my swiffer mother even more. :) 

It has been so HUMID here lately! It's like a rainforest or something. But, on Saturday the weather was very sunny and nice! It even got to be in the 70s. My face got a little sunburnt because we were out contacting people for hours at this ginormous Cultural Festival held at the highschool across the street from our apartment. There were sooooo many people! It was awesome. We talked to lots of people, taught lots of lessons, and gave away Books of Mormon like candy. It was like a whole week of missionary work compacted into a few hours! It was a record-breaking day for us. I don't know that I've ever mentioned this, but in order for it to count as a lesson, at least in our mission, we have to pray with people outside. :P  That used to be strange for me, but not anymore! 

On Saturday I had the wonderful privilege of trying pickled egg and, if that wasn't bad enough, pickled herring!!! Blegh!!! :P I almost escaped having to try any, but of course, my companion insisted that I try it, since she had to. Hahaha. These people also like to make missionaries eat pigs feet. And, they told us all about how they like to make head cheese. Hopefully we won't have to eat that! 

We got to go to institute this week, which is always a rare treat. We talked about Abinadi, mainly. We discussed how we learn new things as we APPLY the scriptures to ourselves and as we LIVE them! Being a missionary is truly such a wonderful opportunity because we get live and apply the Gospel like never before (that's where our focus is, 24-7)! It's true, we pray ALL THE TIME, I can't even keep track. We pray before we eat, get out of the car, before and after we study, teach, or plan. Plus morning and night prayers. Anyway, it's awesome, and I really enjoy missionary life!! 

Well, this is random, but I also had the privilege of eating what appeared to be some nice vanilla pudding at the Hibachi Japanese buffet. Or so I thought... turns out it was Colgate toothpaste flavored!!! D: 

That's all for now. I hope you all have a great week!!! 

Love,


Sister Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment